A major international programme to combat the Worst Forms of Child Labour (WFCL) in cocoa production (www.cocoainitiative.org), is recruiting :
TWO (02) PROGRAMME ASSISTANTS IN CHARGE OF MONITORING & EVALUATION
Main tasks and responsibilities :
Under the administrative supervision of the Head of the Regional Office, and the technical supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Programme Assistant in charge of Monitoring and Evaluation, shall :
At the level of Monitoring and Evaluation of projects
- Participate in the design of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tools (M&E plan, indicator tables, reporting frameworks, etc.);
- Train stakeholders and operational staff on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tools;
- Monitor and analyse the performance of operational staff;
- Prepare project KPI reports;
- Prepare and implement evaluations in the regions.
At the level of data collection and processing
- Participate in the design of data collection tools (paper and electronic);
- Ensure the training of data collection actors;
- Ensure the supervision of data collection operations;
- Implement the data quality control and assurance strategy;
- Ensure the compilation of the data collected;
- Participate in the audit and statistical analysis of the data collected;
- Participate in the preparation of survey reports.
At the level of the learning process
- Gather information from regional stakeholders on the challenges, learning, successes, failures, complaints and potential risks observed in ongoing projects;
- Synthesise and share the information collected in the form of mini-learning reports;
- Prepare for participatory M&E learning workshops in the regions.
- Carry out any tasks within his or her area of responsibility that the line manager may assign.
Required training, experience and skills
- At least A-level Diploma + 2 years of university degree or a bachelor’s/master’s/engineer’s degree in economics, development studies, statistics, other related fields;
- Have at least one (01) year’s experience;
- Have a good knowledge of the concepts, methods and techniques of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and/or in project and programme management;
- Good knowledge of methods and tools for statistical data processing and analysis;
- Have a good knowledge of methodologies for conducting household surveys and data quality control and assurance;
- Good knowledge of statistical software for developing data entry masks (CSPRO, EpiData, etc.) including the development of codes and syntax;
- Good knowledge of statistical software for data processing and analysis (CSPRO, SPSS, STATA, etc.), including the development of codes and syntax;
- Good command of Word, Excel and Powerpoint office software;
Knowledge of effect and impact assessment methods (Difference of differences, case studies/controls, matching methods; etc.) is an asset;
- Knowledge of relational database management (SGDBR, SQL Server, etc.) is an asset ;
- Ability to work autonomously, in a team and under pressure within short deadlines ;
- Have a good capacity for analysis, synthesis and report writing, and for presenting project results with visual tools.
Duration of the contract: 1 year renewable
Location of posts: in Duékoué and Soubré (Ivory Coast)
NB: ICI recognises its responsibility to ensure and promote a safe environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and co-operation of all staff, associates, partners, service providers and visitors. They must adhere to these child protection principles and will be held accountable, through contracts, audits and spot checks, for complying with them.
All applications must include a letter of motivation, a CV with the names and contact details (including email address) of at least one referee, photocopies of diplomas to be submitted directly to the ICI National Coordination Office in Côte d’Ivoire every day and during working hours by 8 March 2021 at the latest.
Cocody II Plateaux, 7ème Tranche, Ilot 264, Lot 3244 – 06 BP 709 Abidjan 06 | Côte d’Ivoire | Tel : (+225) 22 52 70 97 or by email at the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org
NB : Only those whose applications have been pre-selected will be contacted for a written and practical test followed by an interview.