1) Why you should come to ENSEA ?
Leader in statistical training in Africa, ENSEA of Abidjan is the only public institution in Côte d’Ivoire to provide training in statistics and applied economics. Since its creation in 1961, ENSEA has trained more than 4,000 graduates with a 98% integration rate six months after graduation. Because of the quality of the training provided, following an evaluation process, the World Bank has awarded ENSEA the African Centre of Excellence label since 2015. This label is renewed within the framework of the ACE impact project for the period 2020-2025.
2) Who can come and get trained at ENSEA ?
- Students in their final year of high school or holders of the A-levels Diploma in scientific courses;
- Students holding a licence 2 or 3 in mathematics or economics as well as those in INP-HB preparatory classes;
- Professionals who wish to strengthen their capacities in statistics and economics through continuing training;
- Civil servants in public and private institutions who wish to obtain reliable data for decision-making (surveys, studies and data analysis);
- Anyone who wishes to learn or strengthen their language skills (English/French) through intensive training in ENSEA language laboratory.
3) How to join ENSEA’s training courses ?
Admission to ENSEA is exclusively gained by entrance examination. During the entrance examination period, online registration is compulsory on http://concours.ensea.ed.ci/.
4) What is the entry examination period ?
Usually, registration for the examinations starts in January and the tests take place in April of each year. The results are available from June on the school’s website. They are also communicated to those admitted by e-mail so that the administrative registration formalities can begin.
5) What is the cost of schooling ?
The registration fees are 30.000f CFA per year.
NB: Ivorian nationals who passed the entry examinations receive a grant from the State which subsidizes their schooling. Foreign candidates who passed the exam receive either a scholarship from their state or from an international financial institution.
6) What is the level of recruitment to ENSEA training courses ?
Senior Statistician Economist (ISE) programme:
- Students from the business and technological preparatory classes.
- Students with a degree in economics or mathematics.
Senior Statistician (ITS) programme:
- Students holding a A-Level Diploma with more than 2 university years of training in economics or mathematics.
Statistical Analysts (AS):
- Students holding a A-Level Diploma in Science Course.
- Students in their final year of secondary school are allowed to take the examination subject to obtaining the A-Level Diploma in Science Course.
Assistant Statistics Officer (AD):
- Students holding a A-Level Diploma in Science Course or a Assistant Statistics Officer.
7) What are the job opportunities for each course ?
- Head of Monitoring & Evaluation
- Database manager
- Executive in a statistical production and analysis department
Senior Statistician Economist:
8) Are ENSEA’s degrees recognised ?
ENSEA’s degrees are recognised and validated by international institutions that give credit to it. This is evidenced by the accreditation of ENSEA ISE training course by the EUR-ACE label, the World Bank Centre of Excellence label and that of WAEMU Regional Centre of Excellence.