The World Bank and the French Development Agency (AFD) Centre of Excellence, ENSEA is launching a call for applications for the recruitment of the fourth cohort of Doctoral students for the academic year 2021-2022.
ENSEA, the Center of Excellence of the World Bank and AFD is launching a call for applications for the recruitment of the fourth cohort of PhD students for the academic year 2021-2022.
As part of the strengthening of research at ENSEA and in partner schools, the Centre of Excellence has opened a Doctoral Department in Statistics and Applied Economics. The mission of the Doctoral Department is to promote training for and through research in four priority areas with direct or indirect effects on socio-economic development. These are :
- (i) Quantitative Economics ;
- (ii) Statistics and Social Sciences;
- (iii) Statistics and Public Health and
- (iv) Statistical methodology.
2. CANDIDATE PROFILE
The candidate must have a quantitative profile and must hold a Master’s degree in research profile, a degree in design engineering or any other diploma recognised by CAMES as conferring the degree of Master, at the end of a training course with honours and establishing the aptitude for research.
3. APPLICATION FILE
3.1 Application file must include :
- A letter of motivation addressed to the Director of ENSEA ;
- A recent detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
- An authenticated copy of the High School Final Year Diploma;
- An authenticated copy of the diplomas obtained after the High School Final Year Diploma and transcripts, and any other supporting documents;
- A thesis research project of no more than five (5) pages clearly indicating the title, problem, objectives, analysis approach, literature review, hypotheses and expected results as well as the corresponding bibliographical references. Particular attention will be paid to the quality of writing of the proposed research topic and its relevance to the research interests of ACE researchers or to economic development issues;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation justifying the student’s research capacity (preferably two letters from lecturers-researchers qualified to supervise a thesis);
- A letter of supervision justifying that the student has a Thesis Director.
3.2 Submission of the application file:
Applications including all certified documents are received exclusively by electronic means at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention in the subject line “application for the recruitment of doctoral students of the 4th class”. The applications submission deadline is 14 May 2021. For any further information, please go to ENSEA at Bureau 802 or get in touch with the following numbers:
- Tel: (225) 22 44 08 42
- Cel: (225) 08 62 64 36
- Website: www.ensea.ed.ci
The selection will be made in two phases. The first phase is an analysis of the application files on the basis of which a shortlist of pre-selected candidates will be drawn up. The second phase will consist of an oral interview with the candidates selected at the end of the first phase. A telephone interview (via Skype or any other means of communication) will be organised for candidates residing outside Côte d’Ivoire.
Candidates declared admitted at the end of the second phase of selection will participate in the doctoral training with possible financial support from ENSEA management. Moreover, doctoral students are invited to seek additional funding for the conduct of their research work.
Teaching is carried out by ENSEA lecturers-researchers and by lecturers from partner universities. The training will focus on advanced statistical and economic analysis tools and techniques. The theoretical and applied training aiming at strengthening the capacities of young researchers in doctoral thesis will take place over nine (9) months. The duration of the doctoral training is three (3) years, at the end of which a public defense before a jury of internal and external professors at ENSEA will be organized.
NB: Important dates :
- Preselection file receipt deadline: 14 May 2021.
- Announcement of pre-selection results for participation in interviews: 18 June 2021
- Application interviews: 16 July 2021
- Announcement of results: Early August 2021
- Start of training: November 2021
Any incomplete file will be systematically rejected.